R. A. Long High School was erected in 1927, three years after the city of Longview was
incorporated. The school is named for the city’s founder Robert A. Long, a wealthy timber baron from Missouri. Our mascot, the Lumberjack, was so named due to the area’s reliance on the timber industry. The school is on the city Historical Register.
The mission of R.A. Long High School is to empower all students to envision and achieve extraordinary lives.