Pride in a Rich Tradition
Built in 1927, R. A. Long High School stands as a historic monument and as a reminder to the Longview community of its roots, and Longview founder, Robert Alexander Long’s, commitment to education. R. A. Long High School is committed to provide the best possible educational experience for all students who walk through our halls.
The motto for the Lumberjacks and Lumberjills is Respect – Achieve – Lead. Sportsmanship and learning to be a good teammate is a priority for all student-athletes as we develop our future leaders. At R.A. Long we support an “academics first” philosophy which centers on students passing all their classes to remain eligible for participation. The term “student-athlete” references being a student first and athlete second. Being successful in the classroom will always be top priority.
The philosophy of the R.A. Long Athletic Department is to cultivate the following characteristics: ability to work under pressure, developing good time management skills, developing a good work ethic, contributing to the team, learning to handle adversity with dignity, win with humility, and foster the leadership skills necessary to be successful in all aspects of their lives.
Success is not accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, a love for what you are doing or learning to do. –Pele
Have a great season!
To receive office clearance for participation, students must:
- Submit a complete FamilyID registration form (includes medical release and concussion form)
- Provide proof of insurance (information supplied on the physical form and medical release form)
- Complete a physical (Athlete’s, parent’s and physician’s signature required)
- Purchase an ASB card for $45
- Have scholastic eligibility
- Submit the Pay to Play Fee ($75 for football; $60 for other sports.)
- Be enrolled in 5 classes
For more information, contact the activities office at (360)575-7227.