Class of 2020; it’s almost here – GRADUATION!
The following is the list of upcoming senior events:
- BUFF PUFF VOLLEYBALL: Saturday, March 28th at 7:00 p.m. in the Mark Morris gym.
- GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS: Wednesday, April 15th during both lunches, Jostens will be in the cafeteria to hand out graduation announcements that have been previously ordered. Jostens usually has extra announcements that can be purchased, so if you did not order announcements, you can check with them.
- BUFF PUFF VOLLEYBALL: Sunday, April 19th at 3:00 p.m. in the Kelso High School gym.
- SENIOR CLASS MEETING: Wednesday, April 22nd at 8:00 a.m. in the RAL Auditorium.
- SENIOR DEPARTMENT AWARDS & SLIDE SHOW: Wednesday, May 20th at 2:00 p.m. in the RAL Auditorium. This is a social time for parents and seniors to visit with faculty and friends. Dress should be appropriate for an afternoon spring reception. Please send pictures for the senior slide show to 2020Gradpics@gmail.com. The pictures need to include two or more RAL seniors in each picture. Pictures can be emailed from now until Friday, May 1st. At the end of the awards program, there will be refreshments in the front hallway.
- SENIOR PICNIC: Thursday, May 21st at 2:45 p.m. This is a picnic for ALL seniors. Please meet in front of RAL. Buses leave RAL at 2:45 p.m. If you wish to attend, you must ride the bus. The first bus returns to RAL at 4:00 p.m.
- SENIOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS: Wednesday, May 27th from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. When the schedule is posted, be sure to check for your assigned time.
- SENIORS VS. STAFF SOFTBALL: Thursday, May 28th from 2:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sign-ups to participate will take place in the ASB Office sometime in May. Please listen for updates during announcements. Parents, families and students are encouraged to come and support the RAL seniors and staff.
- LUMBERJACK PAGEANT: Thursday, May 28th from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the RAL Auditorium.
- SENIOR AWARDS ASSEMBLY: Friday, May 29th – be there at 8:30 a.m. in the RAL Auditorium. Dress up, you will be sitting on the stage. Ladies – do not wear short skirts!! Many community representatives will be presenting scholarships and awards to seniors. This assembly is held during the school day to allow all students to attend. Parents are welcome to attend.
- SENIOR PROM: Saturday, May 30th from 9:00 p.m. to midnight at The Expo Center.
- THANK YOU NOTES WITH REEVES, HOOPER AND RUIZ: Monday, June 1st from 7:55 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. in Room 210. If you received a scholarship from the Senior Awards Assembly, please come and complete your thank you note.
- GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS: All graduation requirements must be passed by noon on Wednesday, June 3rd and all fines must be cleared or you will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- SENIOR CHECK-OUT: Wednesday, June 3rd starting 6th period, you will be given a check-out sheet. Check-out will continue the next day, Thursday, June 4th (periods 1st through 5th). Final clearance is 1:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- CAPS AND GOWNS DISTRIBUTED: Thursday, June 4th at 1:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- BACCALAUREATE: Thursday June 4th at 7:00 p.m. in the RAL Auditorium. This is a religious service sponsored by the Longview Ministerial Association honoring the graduating seniors. Wear your gowns (but not your cap) and meet in the auditorium at 6:15 p.m. This is a formal affair.
- GRAD WALK: Friday, June 5th at 10:00 a.m.
- COMMENCEMENT PRACTICE: Friday, June 5th at 1:00 p.m. report promptly! Commencement practice is at the stadium.
- COMMENCEMENT: Saturday, June 6th at 3:00 p.m. at the Longview Memorial Stadium. Black or dark shoes are preferred. Be seated in the north stands by 2:30 p.m. The public will be seated in the stadium. Handicapped seating is available below the stadium. No tickets are needed.
- DIPLOMAS: Pick up your actual diploma after the graduation ceremony in the annex (soccer room) behind the stadium (you will be handed an empty diploma cover during the graduation ceremony).
- FREE GRADUATION PARTY: Saturday, June 6th after the graduation ceremony. Graduation party is from 11 p.m. – 3 a.m. at Lower Columbia College. Please visit the Facebook page “Seniors@RAL/MMHS” for more information.
- FINAL TRANSCRIPTS: Final transcripts will be forwarded to colleges/universities the week of June 22nd. To have your final transcript sent to your college/university, please be sure to complete a request form with Dianne Morrow in the Guidance Office.
- AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS: Be sure you keep us posted on any awards, honors or scholarships you receive (even those you turn down). We like to recognize seniors who have received awards and scholarships and will print these in the commencement program. Deadline to submit information for the commencement insert is Wednesday, May 27th.
- RAL SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS: If you receive an RAL Scholarship, you will need to provide your 1st quarter college grades and college student ID number to Jaimie Barchus in the ASB Office in order for her to send your RAL Scholarship funds to the college/university. Instructions will be provided in a letter that you will receive upon notification of receiving an RAL scholarship.
- THANK YOU NOTES: If you have received ANY scholarship funds from any organization, it is important to thank them for their generosity. Please remember to do this as it shows respect and gratitude to all the people who make it possible for you to continue with your future goals. If you would like blank note cards and envelopes, there will be some available in the Guidance Office.
- CAPS AND GOWNS – IF YOU HAVEN’T ORDERED YET, please contact Jostens as soon as possible. Their contact information is: website – jostens.com; phone – 360-944-7959 or email – email@example.com
Finally, we really hope you enjoy these upcoming senior events. Your high school experience is coming to a close and we hope these activities will allow you to celebrate your success and take with you some good final memories.
Finally, we really hope you enjoy these upcoming senior events. Your high school experience is coming to a close, and we hope these activities will allow you to celebrate your success and take with you some good final memories.